Fun way of learning the times tables (or multiplication tables) from 1 to 12 on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. It has features that are interesting to children and also to parents.
- multiple players;
- timed quizzes;
- high scores;
- competition mode;
- progress tracking;
- sound effects.
Questions or problems?
If you have any questions about this program or you having problems with it please contact me via email at email@example.com.
Features for children:
After each test the child receives a score along with how long they took, their highscore position, and the results for each of the questions. They can hold competitions with their friends (or family members) and compete for the highest scores. As the child continues to use the program the tests become progressively harder and also new features are unlocked.
All of the tables start out at level 1 and are asked in order without any time limits or maximum number of mistakes so that the child can get used to the times table. As the child completes the tests for each times table they will progress to harder levels. With each level the number of mistakes they can make decreases and the questions start having a time limit for each question.
Features for parents:
New to this version is progress tracking. This allows you to see how well the child is doing not only on each of the tables, but also on the individual questions so that you can find the ones that the child is having difficulty with and also their improvements. There are also quick quizes that allow you to easily start a quiz without any configuration. Each of the quick quizes has their own highscore table and they draw the questions from the times tables that the child has progressed on. The quick quizes are currently:
- two timed quizes (1 minute and 3 minutes)
- two fixed number of questions quizes (30 questions and 100 questions)
- and a 1 mistake and the it’s over quiz
If you want to create a quiz with specific times tables then you can create a custom quiz that allows you to choose any of the tables for the above quick quizes.
In this version it is still possible to decide whether the questions appear as 7×1, 7×2 or 1×7, 2×7 but these options have been moved to the iPhone/iPod Touch settings.
The animal that appears when a quiz has finished is randomly chosen, however you can also choose a preferred one in the iPhone/iPod Touch settings.
The following sound effect samples come from Freesound.org:
- ClearingThroat_Female.wav (http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=34209) by acclivity (http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=37876)
- Sigh2.wav (http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=60669) by K1m218 (http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=449668)
- timbre.wav (http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=9218) by melack (http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=288)
- scraping.mp3 (http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=58638) by morgantj (http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=27178)
- Approx 850 – Enthusiast Audience.wav (http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=31169) by lonemonk (http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=230160)